Mother’s Day Gifts For Helicopter & Tiger MomsArticle posted on Friday, May, 6th, 2011 at 5:03 pm by Dr. Nancy Berk (2 comments)
It’s not too late to shop for the overbearing or over-your-shoulder parent. Here are a few technology gifts that will put a smile on her face.
1. Sign her up for Skype and keep the account open at all times. This way she can monitor your study habits and the company you keep.
2. Purchase an unlimited texting plan. Checking in 6 times a day will put her over her current plan’s limit. She’ll be thrilled to save the overcharges.
3. Create a Facebook account for her and friend her. Have your friends friend her too. Now when she can’t reach you, she can start a phone tree.
4. Introduce her to your professors on LinkedIn. She just wants what’s best for you, and that anthropology prof needs a wake up call anyway.
5. Buy an air mattress so she has a place to crash when she visits. Who needs a Marriott? You’ve got some catching up to do. Not techy enough? Add an air compressor.
© 2011 Nancy Berk